Who are we?
We are a young and passionate software development company located in Eindhoven, the Netherlands. We are building the next-generation loan origination system for financial institutions in Tanzania, Rwanda, Uganda, and other emerging markets.
Who are we looking for?
We are looking for a programmer that joins our passion for continuously improving (our) software. Therefore we seek candidates with excellent analytical skills (a university level is considered a plus), at least some experience with object-oriented programming.
Requirements and skills
As an experienced software engineer, you understand what it takes to build scalable web applications and realize this means your skills should not be limited to writing good code. Also, you are ambitious to reach your goal and are able to work independently as well as with your team. Sounds good? Great! But these requirements are necessary to be successful in this position:
- Proven passion about computer science or a related field;
- Apart from a proven track-record in creating advanced PHP7 / PHP8 applications, you have some background in stricter, object-oriented, languages such as C# or Java;
- You know your way around a MySQL database and its InnoDB storage-engine;
- You are comfortable with collaboration, open communication and reaching across functional borders as part of your day-to-day work;
- You are comfortable speaking and writing in English on a day-to-day basis;
- You are comfortable speaking and writing in English on a day-to-day basis
What do we offer?
- Full-time position (32 - 40 hours a week);
- Competitive salary;
- Flexible working hours and the option to work from home;
- Annual training budget for personal development;
- Reimbursement of your work-related travel costs;
- 25 days paid leave;
- Lots of freedom and room for own initiative;
- Spacious and beautiful office in Eindhoven, the Netherlands;
- Friendly atmosphere and regular events (Friday drinks, hackathons, parties, team buildings);
At Simbuka we believe that the business of business is to improve the state of our world. Each of us has a responsibility to drive Equality in our communities and workplaces. We are committed to creating a workforce that reflects society through inclusive programs and initiatives such as equal pay, employee resource groups, inclusive benefits, and more.
Qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender perception or identity, national origin, age, marital status, protected veteran status, or disability status. Simbuka does not accept unsolicited headhunter and agency resumes. Simbuka will not pay any third-party agency or company that does not have a signed agreement with Simbuka.
Simbuka welcomes all.