Junior Frontend Developer
Who are we?
We are a young and passionate software development company located in Eindhoven, the Netherlands. We are building the next-generation loan origination system for financial institutions in Tanzania, Rwanda, Uganda, and other emerging markets.
Who are we looking for?
We are looking for new members to our already well-established frontend team. As a frontend developer at Simbuka, you will work on a multitude of projects spanning from internal tooling to complex loan origination system. You will help to maintain existing features and implement new functionality. Some of the projects you might be working on include:
- Implementing new accessible components inside our own component library;
- Rewriting our data access layer for communication between frontend and backend;
- Migrating some of our current infrastructure to Cloudflare Workers;
Requirements and skills
- 2+ years of experience with Typescript and React, or any other major framework;
- Experience writing tests using Cypress or any other testing framework;
- Experience using TailwindCSS and StencilJS is a big plus, but optional;
- Good spoken and written English;
- Attention to detail and thoroughness;
- Good communication skills;
What do we offer?
- Full-time position (32 - 40 hours a week);
- Competitive salary;
- Flexible working hours and the option to work from home;
- Annual training budget for personal development;
- Reimbursement of your work-related travel costs;
- 25 days paid leave;
- Lots of freedom and room for own initiative;
- Spacious and beautiful office in Eindhoven, the Netherlands;
- Friendly atmosphere and regular events (Friday drinks, hackathons, parties, team buildings);
At Simbuka we believe that the business of business is to improve the state of our world. Each of us has a responsibility to drive Equality in our communities and workplaces. We are committed to creating a workforce that reflects society through inclusive programs and initiatives such as equal pay, employee resource groups, inclusive benefits, and more.
Qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender perception or identity, national origin, age, marital status, protected veteran status, or disability status. Simbuka does not accept unsolicited headhunter and agency resumes. Simbuka will not pay any third-party agency or company that does not have a signed agreement with Simbuka.
Simbuka welcomes all.